Sketches and Tech Packs and Cases, oh My!

I've quite possibly had the busiest two days of my life yesterday and today. Yesterday I had to be up bright and early (read: before 11 am) to help put together a display case showing of none other than....

TA- DA!!!!
(L-R Patricia, Me, Jasmine, Yuliya)

In all seriousness it  was more work than it looks. Once Yuliya and I got the case cleaned out, forms up and "dressed", pressed, and gorgeous, you know people came out the woodwork offering their criticisms. (blah, they weren't even constructive). Anyway life goes on. The case looks nice and is getting some decent foot traffic. In between this and Collection, there's the Fashion Show preparations, the first due dates are in a month.

As you also know I've been getting a lot more serious about my internship search, more so now that I have a hole the size of Earth in my schedule next year. The first deadline was for Destination Maternity, parent company to Motherhood, A Pea in the Pod, Oh Baby! for Kohls, and Edamame Spa. I did a mini project showing 1. I can sketch a pregnant form 2. I understand the aesthetics expecting mothers want to see and the comfort they deserve and, 3. what I would wear if (God forbid) I were pregnant (other than black, haha).
But here's a preview.

I designed the prints myself
Now I need to focus on Collection as I am heading to Houston/ Galveston for spring break next week and I refuse to take work with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Do in Maryland: Triple Creek and the Chesapeake Wine and Balloon Festival

Travel Noire: Barcelona, Spain

When You Need Help Being "Mommy"