when confidence fails you...

I never thought myself to be overconfident.

If anything I'm always afraid that I didn't do as well only to find out otherwise. I tend to be proud of my work after the fact, but never in the process. I mean my industry is tough; and yes, you can stand by your work, but that doesn't make people accept it. Yesterday I was happy that my muslin fit, and I think it's ready to go to final cutting. Apparently Jane did not. Don't get me wrong, she didn't hate what i showed her, and she thought the execution was done well. It just wasn't SEXY enough. not sexy enough Jane? I understand a model and a dressform are two different things, for one a model is LIVING, with imperfections and bad posture and anorexia nervosa and stress and flat pattern homework and periods and no boobs and unshaved pits and feelings and-- what am I? chopped liver? Not SEXY. Apparently my neckline is too high and the bodice has no structure( after I asked her if I should make a foundation). and the hem is uninteresting/ too done over/ too long. Maybe it read too long because its boring. But she likes it. -_- Guess its back to the proverbial drawin-- well literal drawing board.
I have some minor changes to do now. And write a four page paper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Do in Maryland: Triple Creek and the Chesapeake Wine and Balloon Festival

Travel Noire: Barcelona, Spain

When You Need Help Being "Mommy"