The Crayola Factory.

So Collection is chugging along very smoothly... and I just fit my muslin on my model and.....IT FITS! ITS PERFECT! I've never made a muslin that fits so perfectly. unfortunately, my professor had to leave before I could fit... so I'm not sure if I can cut this weekend, depends on if we can all meet tomorrow. My fabric also came in yesterday so I'll let you see those in a bit.
Back to the collection.

My first look is a fitted semi- sheath dress (semi because it's technically strapless, but taking cues from Africa, its a "Sheath"). I'm calling it the Bantu Sheath dress, and it features side to back cutouts, and a twisted and knotted center front detail. I'm using the royal blue and orange wax print for this one.
front, with knot detail

back
My next look, pending this ones final cut approval, will be a three pc pants set featuring skinny pants, a gathered bustier top and a large sweeping linen swing jacket.

I said I would show you the fabrics, so here they are:
Wax cottons and black linen
Hope you are as excited as I am, apparently what I'm doing is new, my professor hinted that its a popular topic of discussion within the full time fashion faulty circle (not that I'm complaining).

BTW: if you are wondering what the heck the title has to do with this post, its a play on wax prints and the intense color saturation of the fabric.. (wax, color.... ohhhh! lol) That and I had no idea how to describe the middle fabric without referring to that shade of orange as Crayola "macaroni and cheese"...

Now to nap, I made the mistake of taking NyQuil before class to stop  a pending cold... I feel better but my brain is DEAD. 
toodles honeybunches!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Do in Maryland: Triple Creek and the Chesapeake Wine and Balloon Festival

Travel Noire: Barcelona, Spain

When You Need Help Being "Mommy"