Sometimes I Get a Good Feeling...

I'm a happy lil camper right now. Contemp is done and I got into the Annual Fashion show all in the same day! And I thought of this song. And I wanted to dance. So I did, by myself in my room.

Its such a relief knowing that my work was strong enough to be accepted, it makes the upset stomachs and all nighters well worth it. Now I can focus on making my mini-line for my interview with Charming for  Friday. Collection is not just a class, its definitely a labor of love, a lot goes into creating things interesting enough to considered different, or avant garde or just worthy of attention. Like my class judge told me, "its often that one little thing that makes it safe that makes it forgettable; so be bold". I did, and I guess it paid off. I honestly couldn't be happier.

This weekend I'm also going to start a new page on my blog, "Random Tutorials (Having Nothing to do with Fashion)". lol. But its going to be a collection of simple tutorials of some of my favorite things- like nails and hair, or recipes of my latest experiments and favorite foods in between my projects. I'm more than a designer, I'm an avid wannabe chef and baker,  my two latest exploits looking into the sweeter side of rum- Chocolate Rum Cake and Bananas Foster Bread.

Well since I have no reason to be up I'm off to bed. In the meantime check out the Evening of Innovation page. If you want tickets to the show (and see my amazing stuff!) click here.
- xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Do in Maryland: Triple Creek and the Chesapeake Wine and Balloon Festival

Travel Noire: Barcelona, Spain

When You Need Help Being "Mommy"