Charming Little Updates

Two quick notes first! I'm sure you noticed my new header upon clicking on my page. I wanted something more exciting than a typeface but not as cluttered/ messy as the last one. Second- I started adding "pages" to the tab bar located under the header. This will probably expand as classes wind down and I get into other things. Maybe I'll do some simple tutorials or patterns or something :-)

But ok-
Last week for me was one of those weeks that so much happened, you can't really remember anything. You know, one of those completely blurry crazy busy, one-thing-after-the-other weeks. First it was my midcrit for Collection, which went mostly well... but of course it had those time and distance issues that inevitably come up. Our critic, Jessica Groom, a well established designer who's worked for several companies has offered good advice but wants to make changes now to one of the pieces that could've been addressed before now if she was based locally/ had seen it in progress. That being said I took it into consideration but nothing is certain, it'll come down to time. As far as progress goes, I can give you a sneak peek:

look #1
This dress took some serious problem solving to sew, but I figured it out and it turned out well. This one both my professor and Jess loved, saying it had an elegant edge to a fun look.

look #2

This was the initial styling of this look. However it was said that its too tailored and doesn't echo the fun of the dress, along with the black being too heavy. I don't necessarily agree with the black being too much but it is was more structured. I'm considering dropping the jacket and overlaying a large contrasting sash on the bustier top.

Next was my contemp paper. For anyone not familiar with Philadelphia University- Contemporary Perspectives, or "Contemp" or "contempt" for short; is the liberal arts component thesis class. It sucks. haha. Foe design majors, we often claim it takes precious time away from our major capstones (which it does). Its even harder for people who aren't born writers in general, and those who aren't analytical thinkers.[aka, ME.] Alas, although I strive for excellence in fashion, i'll gladly take a C in this course and I bless the day its all over. 

Friday I had an interview with Charming Shoppes- parent company to Fashion Bug, Lane Bryant and Catherine's. The initial interview went well but I'll have to go back as I was unable to meet with the VP of the department I was interviewing for. It looks promising as the lady I did interview with asked my to do a mini project showcasing my Illustrator and Photoshop skills to present to the VP of Product Development. Busy. But now that that's over I have to start gearing up for the Sew in Love show and the PhilaU Annual Fashion show immediately after. Submissions are 4/9 and 4/15 and although the things due first are completed and fine- its Collection that's the obvious concern/ priority. Wish me luck as I'll need it.

smooches darhhlings xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Do in Maryland: Triple Creek and the Chesapeake Wine and Balloon Festival

Travel Noire: Barcelona, Spain

When You Need Help Being "Mommy"