White Hot.

So I kinda have been meaning to write this post for about two weeks. As it is, it's going to take me 2 hours or more to write this as I am half trying to pay attention in class and not look weird web surfing.
I have this thing about white swimsuits. (the ones above are by Movimento and Iodice in Brazil, home of hot swimwear and hotter women). I've always found them alluring and sexy, especially on women of color like myself, the skin contrast and glow potential is amazing. In reality I never wear them because I'm afraid of Mother Nature visiting early, or the sand making it dirty, or any crazy excuse I can think of. However white is to be "white-hot"in Spring 2013, so this spring though I decided I'm going to go out on a limb and get one. Just to say I have it. Maybe if I go to a resort or on a cruise I can pull it out. Some picks I like are below, and some that are good for other body types.

Hourglass
This is that unreal, unattainable Sofia Vergara figure (or a more normal version, like mine :-)) in which your bust and hips appear to be about the same with a small, defined waist. I know, the picture isn't in white (but it comes in white I promise!) this sexy VS number will call attention to every asset you own. The draped wrap top can be tied to cross at your waist, framing your balanced figure.
Draped push up halter, $56, Draped Bottom, $36. victoriassecret.com
If you want a similar alternative check out the equally cute suit below, also courtesy of Vicky.
Push up bandeau top, $38, Foldover Bottom, $28. victoriassecret.com

Boyish/ Straight
You body is pretty even around, with your bust, waist and hips in the same ballpark. Don't let that make you feel unsexy, try this side cutout monokini by Venus. The cutouts will give you the illusion of curves.
Venus Sweetheart one-piece, $59 venus.com

Pear
Your bottom half is wider than your top half, and you generally have a small waist. Minimize your hips and play up your smaller chest with this halter bikini from Mod Cloth!
Bathing Beauty one- piece, $89.99. ModCloth.com


(and if baring your tummy isn't your thing, check out the same suit as a one piece)

Plus Size
Like pears you probably want to play down your hips, and FLATTER, not flatten your fuller shape. Throw away the white tee. Not sexy! Being plus size does not have to equal dowdy and frumpy so add a little va-va- voom with this black and white tank from Lane Bryant. The large and graphic floral print and ruching is a clever distraction and helps define your waist, while the slight plunge brings the eyes up from your middle. The built in Cacique bra and wide straps gives support where you need it. Pair it with any of LB's bottoms. ( I prefer the high waist brief, for the added tummy control and 0- frump factor)
Midnight Floral Cacique top $59.95, High waist bottoms $49.95  lanebryant.com

So go forth and be hot ladies! Throw in these glasses and a wide brimmed hat and soak in the sexy.
Next week we'll have a status check on Collection and chit chat the Fashion Show(s) countdown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Do in Maryland: Triple Creek and the Chesapeake Wine and Balloon Festival

Travel Noire: Barcelona, Spain

When You Need Help Being "Mommy"