on the plus side...

What does
and 
and 
have in common?

My Collection! (tentatively). 

Ta Da! It is revealed. I'm planning to focus my collection on the plus size market, with the concept being based on the grand races- Kentucky Derby if you're American or the Royal Ascot, if you fancy the Brits. I respect the gall of some British folk, they wear hats still, similar in the tradition of Christian Black American women. Personally I love hats, but I see them as a rite of passage, a fully fledged woman can wear a badass hat. My mom is a "hatlady" as we call them in church circles and shes also plus sized. I have friends and co-workers that are plus sized. I just want to create some daytime opulence to make my girls feel pretty, and know that no matter what size you are, whether its a 6, 12, or 24; that you don't have to be dowdy or wear the same thing "because it works". I want to take certain styles out of the box and elevate them. Something other than the standard colorblock and panel shift, or the wrap dress or fit and flare. Yes they work for a reason but so can other things... I'm looking to my previous collection as a base for pulling new ideas. We'll see how feasible it really is after I see the resources available to me. (APPARENTLY PhilaU has plus forms but I don't think they are new enough to reflect the shape of the typical full figured woman... and I'm afraid they'll be shapeless and I'll have a lot of fitting to do, but we'll see...)

Here's to hoping.
-xo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Do in Maryland: Triple Creek and the Chesapeake Wine and Balloon Festival

Travel Noire: Barcelona, Spain

When You Need Help Being "Mommy"