Fashion in Motion: The PhilaU 2012 Fashion Show

As the weekend winds down I can finally recap some of the events- basically the Annual Fashion Show put on by my school every year- this past Saturday in fact. My family (below) came to support me, as well as my boyfriend, roommate, my bestie and her boyfriend.

As always it was a lovely affair, with my evening kicking off with a reception for the VIP guests being honored at the gala that was held later that evening. There I met Alan Sirkin, an alumnus and the President of PVH Co,(Phillips- Van Heusen) the parent company to many high name brands including Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, Calvin Klein, Geoffrey Beane and others; as well as Francis Shammo, CFO of Verizon via his son and girlfriend who were very interested in what "fashion designers do". After a couple glasses of wine, two cheese plates and several rounds of mini-crabcakes  and chili chicken skewers, it was time to head downstairs to the show.
It was very surreal as many of the girls will be graduating in two weeks, and seeing our work after four LONG years was sobering, but amazing. Below are the pieces I submitted, the whole 126 photo album can be viewed here.

Wedding gown

stop and pose.
the back...they put the straps on wrong. I knew it would happen.

Seeing my collection come down with the Black models, African music and my dear friends screaming like crazy people made the few long nights well worth it.
my name in lights

coming down the runway
#yesss
walking back

Don't forget to check out the full album and check back within the week for the "official" photos of the collection, up close and personal from my final critique on Wednesday!

-xo



Comments

  1. So beautiful! So very happy for you! Live your dream darlin'!!!!

    Lanette

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting and quite an accomplishment. Congratulations Whitney!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Do in Maryland: Triple Creek and the Chesapeake Wine and Balloon Festival

Travel Noire: Barcelona, Spain

When You Need Help Being "Mommy"