Adventures of the New Wife, pt. 1

As you may or may not know, I got married a month ago to my unlikely bff and true love. (unlikely if you knew either of us in high school) Its been equal parts of magical and maddening.  He is my bug- killing knight in loungewear glory, he adores my cooking and finds me to be a distraction. In truth (and this is in NO WAY negative) I find marriage and cohabitation to be my distraction.

What I have found is over the last 9 months, I've spent more time cooking and decorating than sewing. I miss it. I finally got all my sewing things moved over to the new house, but my basement studio is currently being overrun by scary basement creatures like various kinds of crickets and long legged centipede things (the latter give me nightmares), and so I'm somewhat refusing to be downstairs alone. My new haven is my wonderfully small, bright orange kitchen. Even though this is not a food blog, I do keep a recipes tab so I'll try to get some of my latest creations up. I've almost mastered the oven- cooked steak, made a fab but hot chili and an amazing herb crusted salmon. My pumpkin cupcakes from last Thanksgiving have become a staple with the in- laws.

When I'm not cooking, its finding things for the new house or painting. Since the end of May I've painted 3 bedrooms, a kitchen, threw a wedding and now starting plans for my bathrooms. So far I love all my decisions. All of our rooms were painted with Behr Premium Plus Ultra from Home Depot. Check them out below.
My lovely kitchen (Solar Flare by Behr)

the Master in progress (doors)

The Master bedroom (Deep Smoke Signal by Behr)

Sitting 13 ft up painting those stupid recesses

Guest room #1 (Fresh Olive by Behr)

Ashante's Office (Clear Pond by Behr)


Now that the cosmetic work is almost done I can refocus. I'm still looking for a job in my field so I really need to get back in the habit of designing on a regular basis. But util that happens I guess I'll keep  cooking.

-xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Do in Maryland: Triple Creek and the Chesapeake Wine and Balloon Festival

Travel Noire: Barcelona, Spain

When You Need Help Being "Mommy"