I Think I Wanna Marry You....


I kinda imagined my wedding entrance like this. It wasn't. But it wasn't any less magical or special.
And I kinda just love that song.

Two weeks (and a few days ago) I married the love of my life in an intimate "surprise" wedding at our new home. It was a total blast cramming 90.5 people in our tiny 3- bedroom townhome but we made it work. As I described it to my girlfriends, marriage has been a "perpetual sleepover". Here's a few snapshots of our special day:
packed in like sardines!

the boys

daddys girl




WE'S MARRIED!

with my pastor

my parents. owe them everything





food! that hubby got none of because he procrastinated around Black folk.

partygoers on the deck
If I could do it all over I honestly can say I wouldn't change a flipping thing. It was perfect, a little off color (just like us) and just makes for a great story down the road.

Now the goal is to finish moving the straggling furniture pieces and setting up my design "studio". Right now its a bug infested corner of the basement (well, not bug infested, but I've killed two crickets and I don't do bugs so I'm having anxiety issues at the moment)
my sad little corner

I'll post more photos when my phone wants to act right. I think I've posted enough for today.

-XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Do in Maryland: Triple Creek and the Chesapeake Wine and Balloon Festival

Travel Noire: Barcelona, Spain

When You Need Help Being "Mommy"