I kinda imagined my wedding entrance like this. It wasn't. But it wasn't any less magical or special.
And I kinda just love that song.
Two weeks (and a few days ago) I married the love of my life in an intimate "surprise" wedding at our new home. It was a total blast cramming 90.5 people in our tiny 3- bedroom townhome but we made it work. As I described it to my girlfriends, marriage has been a "perpetual sleepover". Here's a few snapshots of our special day:
packed in like sardines!
the boys
daddys girl
WE'S MARRIED!
with my pastor
my parents. owe them everything
food! that hubby got none of because he procrastinated around Black folk.
partygoers on the deck
If I could do it all over I honestly can say I wouldn't change a flipping thing. It was perfect, a little off color (just like us) and just makes for a great story down the road.
Now the goal is to finish moving the straggling furniture pieces and setting up my design "studio". Right now its a bug infested corner of the basement (well, not bug infested, but I've killed two crickets and I don't do bugs so I'm having anxiety issues at the moment)
my sad little corner
I'll post more photos when my phone wants to act right. I think I've posted enough for today.
I'm a happy lil camper right now. Contemp is done and I got into the Annual Fashion show all in the same day! And I thought of this song. And I wanted to dance. So I did, by myself in my room. Its such a relief knowing that my work was strong enough to be accepted, it makes the upset stomachs and all nighters well worth it. Now I can focus on making my mini-line for my interview with Charming for Friday. Collection is not just a class, its definitely a labor of love, a lot goes into creating things interesting enough to considered different, or avant garde or just worthy of attention. Like my class judge told me, "its often that one little thing that makes it safe that makes it forgettable; so be bold". I did, and I guess it paid off. I honestly couldn't be happier. This weekend I'm also going to start a new page on my blog, "Random Tutorials (Having Nothing to do with Fashion)". lol. But its going to be a collection of simple tutorials of some of m...
So I kinda have been meaning to write this post for about two weeks. As it is, it's going to take me 2 hours or more to write this as I am half trying to pay attention in class and not look weird web surfing. I have this thing about white swimsuits. (the ones above are by Movimento and Iodice in Brazil, home of hot swimwear and hotter women). I've always found them alluring and sexy, especially on women of color like myself, the skin contrast and glow potential is amazing. In reality I never wear them because I'm afraid of Mother Nature visiting early, or the sand making it dirty, or any crazy excuse I can think of. However white is to be "white-hot"in Spring 2013, so this spring though I decided I'm going to go out on a limb and get one. Just to say I have it. Maybe if I go to a resort or on a cruise I can pull it out. Some picks I like are below, and some that are good for other body types. Hourglass This is that unreal, unattainable Sofia Vergara figure...
I promised a new post and here it is! So much has developed with Collection/ Accessory design and I'm super excited today. In fact just this weekend I bought material for my first two dresses AND the leather I need to make my first bag and a matching belt for the first dress. FOR LESS THAN $80! Super proud. Thats not all I accomplished. I've taken to naming my pieces, like many of the stores do and came up with a great back story. We have to do a minimum of three pieces, and there are 3 races in the Triple Crown (If I had truly started planning over the summer I would've done 4 and named the last after the Royal Ascot). So my 3 dresses are named Pimlico, Belmont and Churchill Downs. We also have to do 3 accessories that I'm coordinating as total looks. I paired them by naming the coordinating accessory after the horse that won the respective race in an important year in my life. The Pimlico dress is complemented by the "I'll Have Another (2012)" clutch, ...
Comments
Post a Comment