Merry Christmas from Maryland!

I was going to make up some kitschy  title but its 2 am and my brain isn't working that hard after the rough night I had. But as I sit here in my dark (save for Christmas lights) house, I do have quite a bit to feel blessed for, despite all my self loathing I've been in lately. After an unfortunate text exchange and crying session. I washed a load of sheets and coming up from the basement realized how warm, cozy and pretty all the lights I had plugged in and blinking really were (all you Christmas lights haters can kick rocks. they're awesome). Its my first Christmas in the new house and hubby and I really have managed to make it look like a home that's been lived in for 6 years, not 6 months. Its warm and inviting (so inviting people tend to pass out and not want to leave, but it's a peeve I'm working on :-P). I have all my gifts wrapped and ready and I'm excited for the family dinner with his parents tonight and my family tomorrow on Christmas Day, even as its making me a crazy... woman. So I decided to share a little Christmas warmth from my house to all of yours, wherever you may be.
Pre- presents
Placemats and napkins I made... I'd say a tutorial or post will follow but I'm failing at that right now
Table all set!
Sparkle lights that illuminate my entire staircase :)

Have a Merry Christmas, remember why and for Whom we celebrate, and ensure that you take time to be with the ones you love, if possible. -xoxo Whit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Do in Maryland: Triple Creek and the Chesapeake Wine and Balloon Festival

Travel Noire: Barcelona, Spain

When You Need Help Being "Mommy"