Been so Long!! (slightly introspective, so DEAL WITH IT)

 September- EWF


OMG where have I been you ask? Good question since I don't even know some days. After Collection and the Fashion show ended my life did not slow down in the least bit. Right after I wrapped up with school it was literally right back to the dressform, as I had a prom dress to make for the daughter of one of my mom's co workers. I wont post the photo of her, since I didn't ask her permission, but you can see the gown.
front

back
After that I started my internship at Catherines, part of the Charming Shoppes (Ascena Retail?) corporations. (They also own Fashion Bug and Lane Bryant). So far I like it and have learned a lot of how industry works and the importance of understanding business- kinda leaving me wishing I had taken a management or intro to finance course.. ah well c'est la vie I'll learn as I go, that's the point of intern and apprenticeships, no? The Product Development team is an awesome bunch, they are lots of fun. I have spent my days sketching in Illustrator, uploading info sheets to WebPDM the interface we use to send the tech packs (for you non fashion people, its like an instruction manual for the factories to produce the garments), sitting in on planning meetings and helping define the store trends for the upcoming year. For my mature plus sized ladies, you may want to save up a few dollars between now and October, because the fall/ winter/ Holiday lines are cuuute.

It seems like I haven't mentioned much but so much has really happened despite my new old lady tendencies, up at 6am, commute, work from 8:45-5:30, commute, cook dinner, loaf, in bed between 12-1... I've visited home a few times, "home" is starting to feel less like it I'm sad to say, since I haven't spent more than a week solid there since January, or more than a month since last summer. I guess thats part of life and transitioning to the real world... I'll be done in less than 6 months so time waits for no man. However I'm ready for something different, to move on with life, open a new chapter, because to be honest, the student thing is getting old ( I can hardly get discounts now anyway). People say to enjoy this and I'll miss it but I don't think so. My college experience wasn't bad, and I met some very dear people whom I love to pieces, but I also had experiences that made me want to bring out my inner hoodrat and thats NEVER a good thing, so I'm just ready to be done. Why put off the inevitable? I want a career (design), to travel (South Pacific?) to buy a car (Cruze or R8) and a house (3+ BR) and get married with no kids so I can travel some more (haha). I love the independence I have (no curfew is wonderful, and for the record MOM I'm still in by 2am ANYWAY, hows that for responsible), I love my job and I miss my boyfriend. I can't complain. I'm living a life many could, would and probably are jealous of. And I thank God for the opportunity of it. I don't want to waste it. So let me take me behind to bed, acting like I don't have to get up like a crazy person.
Toodles sweethearts,
-xo

ps you know you totally want to listen to September. its a classic. been digging it all weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Do in Maryland: Triple Creek and the Chesapeake Wine and Balloon Festival

Travel Noire: Barcelona, Spain

When You Need Help Being "Mommy"