Pomp and Circumstance


 This post is very seriously delayed.

I am proud to announce that after 4 and a half years (9 semesters, countless months, probably over a $100K in tuition and another $50K due in loan interest...) I am a graduate of Philadelphia University (formerly the College of Science and Textiles). This post is late because I have spent every day since last Friday making up for all the lost sleep. Now that I'm refreshed, I can finally update all on my life.


This post will also be split. (I've decided to allow my fashion-y things have its own spotlight.)

Looking back, this semester was TOUGH. Tough financially (for my dad). Tough socially (the first semester without half my friends on campus, and most of my core girls gone). Tough on my boyfriend (he had a hard time as to why he couldn't visit... one day he'll understand and appreciate.) Tough academically (balancing a 3 day/ 24 hour a week internship and 3 classes.) But by the grace of God I finished on top. My cumulative GPA was a 3.196 (down thanks to Collection 2.. but that's the next post) but in my family and friends eyes its a markedly high accomplishment. As for whats next, I'm not a 100% but I'm gonna take it one day at a time (because the world ISN'T ending on the 21st, geniuses.)

I have to dedicate my successes to parents and grandmother, for instilling values and an unshakable work ethic in me, for building up my Faith, not only in God but myself, and making sure all my needs were met. My grandfather, sister and godsister for being my background cheerleaders. To all my other "sisters"- the rainbow tribe we are, for all the snow, all the food cooked, for all the tears cried, Moscato drank, booties shaken and nails painted. And to my boyfriend of almost 5 years, the love of my life. It was hard, but we did it. You were my rock, and pushed me when I wasn't feeling it, and praised me when I needed it. I love you all. This is for you.

-xox
Whitney

Comments

  1. Love you, Whit! You are amazing and extremely talented. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Do in Maryland: Triple Creek and the Chesapeake Wine and Balloon Festival

Travel Noire: Barcelona, Spain

When You Need Help Being "Mommy"