WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE!?!

Dear God it's been so long!

This was purely unintentional, and so much has happened since that last post I wont even bother to recap it all. I'll give you a quick and dirty list of the last 2 months:

  • Moved home 12/13/12.
  • Graduated 12/14/12.
  • Celebrated 5 years with the boyfriend 12/29/12.
  • Brought in the new year 1/1/13.
  • Witnessed the inauguration of President Obama (again) on 1/21/13.
  • Experienced the most devastating loss of my life on 1/22/13 in losing my dearest and favorite aunt, Zoelin, after a hard 5 year battle with metastatic breast cancer, later becoming spinal-cranial cancer and liver failure. I somewhat lost myself for 2 weeks.
  • I was forced back to life when I started 2 new jobs. Retail, but jobs nevertheless.
  • Received my diploma on 2/13/13
  • Became engaged to the boyfriend on Valentines Day (or 2/14/13 for those who aren't sure.
  • Rediscovered my blog, today.
WHEW! Ok. My goal on Wednesday is to post some tutorials of the very limited projects I've been working on. Between working and pure laziness I haven't been as dedicated to my craft as I should be. This weekend I had an epiphany that involved some wires and the tons of beads I have. Since I've transitioned to locs I've struggled with finding styles for my just short of shoulder length hair. Added to the problem that several locs on the top of my hair are too short to pull into a pony and inevitably fall out. I've seen people with charms and cuffs in their hair and thought it was something simple enough that I could do myself and would help my hair look fancy and done when I just leave them down. Lo and behold its stupid easy! I made my first one in less than 5 minutes. I'm going to make several with what I have out, I have more beads stashed elsewhere. Eventually I think I will sell them. Here's one I already did:
Copper wire and amethyst beading 
In my hair :-)
Since most of mine are soo tiny it was a bit of a struggle to find a dowel or something to wrap that was equally narrow. But I did, and so, success! Until later.

-xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Do in Maryland: Triple Creek and the Chesapeake Wine and Balloon Festival

Travel Noire: Barcelona, Spain

When You Need Help Being "Mommy"