Patterns and Petticoats.

First things off, I actually hate slips. But being born and raised in true Southern traditions and as a fashion designer who knows how things should look, hang and FLATTER, let me tell you a slip can make or break a skirt or dress. But back to me, you should know what you're getting into by following my journey the next couple of years.
*I'm a 3 semester senior in fashion design at Philadelphia University
* I'm from Maryland, born and raised in the DMV (not the dept of motor vehicles, the District [of Columbia], Maryland, Virginia metro area)
* I love Jesus, I thank Him for my talents and gifts
* I have an awesome boyfriend and a crazy (but supportive and amazing) family. They may make guest appearances.
* I love the Pittsburgh Steelers. They may also make appearances.

I am making a wedding dress and its driving me crazy.
Back to slips and petticoats. I thought to let you all see the vision beforehand, but I thought it would be more fun to go along blindly with me, the sad part is I know the vision and am equally lost. Because all I have are random pieces of muslin to make patterns and 3 yards of 72" wide tulle and scraps of satin, which will magically become something like this in a week or two.
The wedding gown is for a Philadelphia area competition between the various design schools for Sew in Love, the winning gown will be featured with the designer in the spring Philadelphia Style magazine and a few other things. Since its also a mandatory class project i'll also be entering it into my schools annual fashion show, among other things... so I want it to be perfect. Who knows, maybe I'll want to wear it one day.
For pictures from last years show go here. My dress is slide 44.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Do in Maryland: Triple Creek and the Chesapeake Wine and Balloon Festival

Travel Noire: Barcelona, Spain

When You Need Help Being "Mommy"