Bringing It All Together

I promised a new post and here it is!

So much has developed with Collection/ Accessory design and I'm super excited today. In fact just this weekend I bought material for my first two dresses AND the leather I need to make my first bag and a matching belt for the first dress. FOR LESS THAN $80! Super proud. Thats not all I accomplished. I've taken to naming my pieces, like many of the stores do and came up with a great back story. We have to do a minimum of three pieces, and there are 3 races in the Triple Crown (If I had truly started planning over the summer I would've done 4 and named the last after the Royal Ascot). So my 3 dresses are named Pimlico, Belmont and Churchill Downs. We also have to do 3 accessories that I'm coordinating as total looks. I paired them by naming the coordinating accessory after the horse that won the respective race in an important year in my life. The Pimlico dress is complemented by the "I'll Have Another (2012)" clutch, the Churchill Downs dress by the "Unbridled" (1990) hat, and the Belmont dress by the "Da'Tara" (2008) feather clutch. Now that the backstory is out the way I can show you some pics

The Collection! Churchill Downs (2), Belmont (6), Pimlico (9)
Pimlico now has 3/4 sleeves, and I switched the body style for Belmont from #5 to the slightly edgier #6. This way there's a bit of diversity in the looks, and varying options for coverage.
Pimlico (front)
Pimlico (back)
And the handbag...

Sewing the prototype for I'll Have Another

Inside

Finished shell

Checking proportions MySpace style

Testing capacity, holds a lot more!

Finished product
 The scarf tie becomes a wristlet strap on this bag, I decided to make the scarf longer and more substantial. I'm currently on a hunt from 1 inch drapery grommets. Here's the technical sketch. The small feather bag is the sketch for the Da'Tara clutch. I also found the pink leather!!

Da'Tara feather clutch and I'll Have Another bag/ clutch
Pink leather!! and the Steeler! lol He likes pink too.
Stay tuned.. next is fabric painting.

-xox

**UPDATE I just realized I never told you the title of the Collection. It's Grandstand Diva, for those of you who voted**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Do in Maryland: Triple Creek and the Chesapeake Wine and Balloon Festival

Travel Noire: Barcelona, Spain

When You Need Help Being "Mommy"