Life Revamping

Lord... I miss posting. It's embarrassing how long its been, but nevertheless I feel now's as good as time as ever to begin again.

I'm realizing in my older age that I must have some form of ADD because my mind hops from project to project and I'm lucky if anything I'm NOT getting paid for gets finished. Like the laundry on my living room floor that was abandoned for curtains that I didn't buy to pick out paint for all the open contractors white walls, and OOOooooOO Pinterest!!!


Pinterest is the root of my problems.
I have no money for the problems Pinterest causes.
It made me look for another job.
No lie.
I need more money for all this DIYing I plan to do now.

Seriously.

One thing I realized via Pinterest is just how 1996 my house (yay we survived the first year!) really is. I mean oak and brass is still lingering in about 50% of my home in the form of 14 doorknobs and my entire kitchen's cabinetry and banisters. If glitter is the herpes or crafting, brass and oak are the herpes of late 80's to mid 90's home construction. I hate it. And considering the other half of my house has dark wood and oiled bronze and stainless steel- the 90's gotta go. ( Dear 90's- I still love you, just you can have those two back.) Enter my newest board:


I just realized some pins are missing. They must've got lost. But as you can see I'm mapping out some "minor" changes- mostly involving staining and painting. I've mentally broken my home into three zones and my colors and styling reflect that. The main level is permeated with oranges and brownish eggplant for a warm, inviting cozy feel. The upstairs where my bedrooms are mini sanctuaries and are done in cool tones: gray, spa blue and sage green. Our basement, while getting heavy traffic is laid back- my side covered in art, his side in sports memorabilia- so the walls are plain.
Kitchen (and the oak) in "Solar Flare" by Behr

"Smoke Signal" by Behr in the Master

Guest Room in "Fresh Olive" (Behr.. if you dont see a pattern)

Guest/ office in "Clear Pond"

Basement Studio in whatever the contractor used. OMG you should see it now!

I should take some nicer, more recent photos of the house after I clean up all the laundry because it does look way different/ better now. (It might be a week because there is shamefully clothes in every room :-(( Just shameful. Told ya, that ADD man.. Enough rambling, I hope to post again before like... 2015 lol

xoxox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Do in Maryland: Triple Creek and the Chesapeake Wine and Balloon Festival

Travel Noire: Barcelona, Spain

When You Need Help Being "Mommy"